In late 1862, the McLaughlin family began farming our land in Rowan County, North Carolina. Our ancestors planted crops, raised livestock and enjoyed the fruits of their labor. Their work soon became focused on producing quality meats for sale...a tradition that continues today
After a variety of meat ventures, The McLaughlin's Sausage Company plant was built in 1962 by Harold "Pop" McLaughlin, current owners Tom and Bill's father. In 1984, our company was incorporated and today we welcome our fifth generation, Bill III, to our business. Many rewarding years of distributing our sausage and livermush to customers throughout the region have led us to this point; the point when we are ready to serve our customers within our own building. In Fall 2006, McLaughlin's Farmhouse opened for business in hopes that our children, their children and their children will create and serve top quality meats for generations to come.